Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Kale Diaries, Part Two: Barbeque Kale Chips

If you have more kale after you make your Easy Kale Salad, then make these!

The first time I had kale chips, I was in graduate school. One of my professors made them for a reception. I could not believe how good they were. They did not look appetizing at all -- who wants to eat something that looks like dried seaweed? I tried them (probably after a beer) and could not stop eating them! They were amazing. They are crispy and salty just like potato chips, but so much better for you. Once you try them, you'll be a convert.

Notes: I've tried making these at a lower oven temperature, but they did not get crispy enough for me. This time I bumped the temperature up to 325 and they were perfect.

You can season these however you want to. I had some Penzy's BBQ 3000, so I made barbeque chips. Delicious! Store these in an airtight container right on your counter.

Ingredients:
1/2 a bunch of kale torn into approximately 2-inch pieces
Barbeque seasoning blend of your choice

Directions: Heat your over to 325 degrees.

Arrange the kale on a sheet tray in a single layer. Give the pieces room to breathe. Sprinkle them liberally with seasoning.

Bake for 15 minutes (keep an eye on them -- your oven might be hotter than mine). Allow them to cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment