Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Q.E.D.: Cheddar and Chive Couscous

I think maybe I need to create a new category of food called couch food. I make enough dishes that are suitable to eat while you're sitting on your couch maybe that's what I should call my cookbook.

Notes: This dish is versatile. You could make it as a side or as a main dish. You could add any veggie you like. It can also be easily doubled if you need to make more. I paired mine with a delicious kale salad. It's so fast, it's almost like not cooking at all.

Ingredients:
1 cup of couscous
1 clove of garlic
1/2 a bunch of chives
1 1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

Start with all your chopping. Mince your garlic and chives. Grate your cheese (NB: if you use the small holes on your greater, it will melt easier in the couscous. For an extra time saver, use pre-shredded cheese.) Add the water to a 2-quart pot and bring it to a boil. Salt the water, stir in your couscous, and put a lid on it. Take it off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add your garlic, herbs, pepper, and cheese and stir until the cheese it melted.


Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment