Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been on quite the baking kick, but I haven't made any cookies. We can't have that, now can we?

Photo courtesy of Scott Photography

Notes: I have to make these in two batches. I can fit about 6 cookies on a baking sheet (don't want to crowd them) and I put two baking sheets in the over at once. Just stick the batter back in the fridge while you're waiting for the first batch to cook.

I had a little bit of coffee leftover from this morning's brew, so I just used that. You could try just whipping up a little instant if you have it. Otherwise, just omit it.

These came out so light and fluffy in the middle. I have no idea how I did that, but they were delicious!

Ingredients:
1 2/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup white or raw sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons prepared coffee
2 sticks of butter, softened
2 cups mini bitter sweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Directions:

Cream the butter and sugar together in the mixer. Add in milk, coffee, and vanilla and stir (it won't really incorporate, but that's OK). Add in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter.

Refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours.

Heat the oven to 325. Spoon the dough (in over-sized tablespoon balls) onto two cookie sheets and bake for 14-17 minutes until the edges look dry and are set. Cool on the sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment