Monday, July 13, 2015

Salami and Swiss Scrambled Eggs (for One)

I might have mentioned this a few dozen times, but my husband is not a breakfast person. He doesn't have many flaws, but his lackluster attitude toward breakfast food is one of them. So when I'm in the mood to make something for breakfast, I'm usually flying solo (unless it's biscuits and gravy).

Too bad for him, because this was delicious!

Notes: This dish was born because I had leftover deli meat and cheese in my fridge. The cooking muse speaks to you for different reasons and one of those is using things up.

I used a pizza cutter to make small pieces of salami and cheese, which worked out fabulously.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
3 thin slices of salami
2 slices Swiss cheese
Salt
Pepper


Directions:

Cut the salami and cheese slices into small pieces. Crack your eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and beat them lightly with a fork.

Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium. Add in the salami and allow some of its fat to render in the pan. Once it starts to get a little crisp, add in your eggs and stir gently.

When the eggs are almost done, put the cheese on top. Turn off the heat and cover the pan either with the plate you're planning to use or a piece of foil. Let the cheese melt, then serve and enjoy your single-serving salami and swiss scramble!

No comments:

Post a Comment