Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Homemade cole slaw dressing

When I made veggie burgers the other night, I made cole slaw as a side dish. Now, you can buy cole slaw dressing in a jar, but (a) those jars are huge and you won't use it all and (b) it's super easy to make your own!

Notes: I make this even easier by mixing the dressing right in the bowl where I plan to put the cole slaw. 

This makes enough dressing to reasonably dress about 4 cups of cole slaw (about half of one those bagged mixes). I say "reasonably" because I don't like over-dressed slaw. It should be thoroughly coated, but not swimming in dressing. 

You can 100% make this ahead of time. Even a day ahead would be fine! But certainly the morning of. I think it's best if you make it at least an hour ahead so it has time to sit in the fridge and marinate. 

Ingredients

2.5 tablespoons mayo

1 teaspoon honey

2 teaspoons honey mustard

2 teaspoons relish (sweet or dill, whichever you like)

About 10 dashes hot sauce

Salt and pepper

Directions: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Toss with about four cups of your favorite cole slaw mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment