Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chocolate Banana Bread

Ever have one of those disagreements about when a fruit is ripe? My mother and are this way about bananas. She likes her bananas yellow with no or very few spots. I can't stand underripe bananas, so I like mine with several spots. I'll eat them long past the point that my mom has deemed them unfit.

But the bananas that were still on my counter after we got back from out of town were past their prime even by my standards. Banana bread it is then!

Notes: I modified this recipe from Joy of Baking.

I don't have many notes here. It's chocolate and bananas. What's left to say?

Ingredients:
1 2/3 cups of flour
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
3 bananas
3 tablespoons prepared coffee

Directions: Heat oven to 350

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.

In another bowl, beat eggs. Mash the bananas. Stir in yogurt and coffee. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir until just combined.

Pour batter into a buttered loaf pan and bake between 55-65 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment